State TT (Saturday AUG. 3th) FAQ's
1) Will there be bathrooms available? Yes, bathrooms with running water will be available at the school house where registration and parking is located (99 East Buckeye St).
2) Where do I park? Parking will be available along Lincoln and Euclid Streets as well as in a grassy area off of Euclid. Volunteers will help lead you to a parking area.
3) Is the start line near check-in? Yes (about 0.4 miles) but you will need to ride there. The start/finish line is at the corner of Congress and Depot Streets. Ride south on Lincoln and then turn left on Depot Street. Riders will stage on Depot Street. Please make sure you go to the staging area 10 minutes before your start time to make sure you don't miss it.
4) Do I need a USAC license to race? Yes, you will either need a yearly license ($80) or a one-day license ($10). See the registration site for more details. We will enforce USAC rules for this race which will be scored by USAC officials. Please bring your license.
5) Can I register for both races? Yes, you can. We will schedule your two races to give you a short break. Please register early so that we can make that happen.
6) If I win my category/age group race can I get a State Champ jersey? Yes, we will send you a certificate code to purchase the jerseys from the vendor. Last quote from the company was that they will cost $35.
7) Can I race if I do not live in Ohio? Yes of course, you will not be eligible for the jersey or the medals but you will get USAC points and you can ride on an amazing course.
8) Will the race be chip-timed? Yes, we are working with an experienced timer/official who has worked many of the local time trials.
9) Can I sign up day-of? No, sorry. We need to do pre-registration so that we can make sure we are able to move the racers along in a timely and efficient manner.
10) Will you have water/food? Yes, we will have fruit, water, cookies and pretzels available.
11) Can I warm up on the course? Prior to 8AM you may warm up on the course. However, we ask you to warmup elsewhere or on a trainer/rollers after the first rider has left.
12) Will there be signs/course marshals/police? Yes, we have placed signs, arrows, course marshals and police on the course to ensure your safety. However, it is your responsibility to know the course and to ride safely. Please pay attention and be aware of your surroundings. Please refer to the course maps (40K, 22K) for turns.
13) If I am younger than 35 can I race? Yes, you can sign up for the 40K category race or you can race the junior categories (races for ages 10-18).
14) If I have never had a USAC license or if I am a beginner, which race should I do? You can do either the Category 5 40K TT or the 22K age-group race (if you are 35 or over), or the juniors race (10-18).
15) Is time trial a good race for a beginner? YES! You don't have to worry about packs of cyclists and you can race at your own pace. It's just you and the clock... fun!
16) If I am coming out of town where can I stay and eat? West Salem: Village Cornerstone RestaurantAshland (Interstate 71 exit) Holiday Inn Express ~$125. Restaurant: Lyn-way, Fiesta Charra, Bella Bleu’s. Wooster: Econolodge ~$70, Hilton Garden Inn ~$175, Restaurants: Spoons, Broken Rocks